Scrambling to plan the perfect weekend getaway for you and your valentine? When you live in Raleigh, you don’t have to book an expensive flight across the world to travel to a romantic vacation destination. Take your pick from our list of the best Valentine’s Day weekend getaways — they’re all less than a 4-hour drive from the Triangle!
For the Nature Lovers
- Explore the pine forests, estuaries, and bogs in Croatan National Forest, enjoy a romantic dinner in the heart of New Bern, and spend the night in a hotel by the water. Travel Time: 2 hours from Raleigh
- Take an RV roadtrip to the Outer Banks, stroll hand in hand along the beach at Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and sneak a peek at the house made famous by Nicholas Sparks’s Nights in Rodanthe. Travel Time: 3.5 hours from Raleigh
- Admire the scenery on your ride through the Appalachian Mountains, shop for a tasty treat at the original Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, share a meal at the Dan’l Boone Inn in Boone, and watch the sun set over the mountains from your hotel. Travel Time: 3.5 hours from Raleigh
For the Art Aficionados
- Explore Uptown Charlotte’s finest galleries, museums, and public art installations, catch a riveting performance at the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, and finish your weekend with a self-guided tour of the NoDa arts district. Travel Time: 2.5 hours from Raleigh
- Peruse the galleries, shops, and museums in Downtown Asheville, then savor the view of the city and mountains from your hotel room. Travel Time: 4 hours from Raleigh
For the History Buffs
- Savor the three-course meal and dessert on the Valentine’s Day Menu at Crossroads, followed by a stay at the historic Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill. Travel Time: 45 minutes from Raleigh
- Spend the weekend at Biltmore and tour the estate, sample the wine, and savor the cuisine from one of several restaurants on site. Travel Time: 3.5 hours from Raleigh
Fall in Love with the Triangle
Are you considering living in Raleigh, Cary, Apex, or another community in the Triangle area? You’re just a few hours from romantic weekend getaways, the sandy beaches of the Outer Banks, the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains, and hundreds of historic sites throughout the state! We can help you find your dream home. Just call us at 919-810-2203!